Protection Insurance FAQs
There are a variety of different protection insurances available. Here are some of the questions relating to each that customers ask.
What is covered by accident, sickness and unemployment insurance?
You are covered in the following circumstances
- You can't work due to an accident or illness that is certified by your doctor
- You can’t work due to stress, anxiety, depression or back-related conditions confirmed by a suitably qualified consultant
- Your employment ends unexpectedly and the circumstances of your unemployment are beyond your control
- You stop work to become a carer for a member of your immediate family
Why do I need critical illness cover?
- Critical illnesses are a lot more common than a lot of people believe and can affect anyone at any time. A number of critical illnesses are now being diagnosed at a younger age
- State benefits only offer a limited amount and legally your employer only has to support you for the first 28 weeks. Whether or not you receive full pay is at your employer’s discretion
- Critical illness cover is designed to help you or your family manage during this difficult time
Our critical illness cover is designed to help you or your family manage during this difficult time.
What is life insurance and how does it work?
- Life Insurance helps to protect your loved ones financially in the event of your death. You chose the amount of cover you need and the length of time you want to be insured.
How much will life insurance cost?
- Life Insurance premiums can cost as little as £10 a month, the equivalent of 33p a day. Individual premiums depend on your own needs and circumstances.
How much life insurance do I need?
- It depends on your individual circumstances. You may want to think about leaving a lump sum for your dependents, help clear an outstanding mortgage or debt on your death
Do I need Income Protection?
- 32% of households have no savings putting them at considerable risk if illness prevented the breadwinners from working.
- You think it won’t happen to you, but if it did, how long could you afford to pay for everything such as your mortgage or rental payments, household bills, children’s school fees, mobile phone, and broadband payments. Bills don’t stop even if you are very sick.
- Income protection can provide you with a regular monthly income if you suffer a loss of earnings due to ill health or injury and as a result are unable to work.
What is mortgage protection and how does it work?
- Mortgage life insurance is designed to help pay off your outstanding mortgage amount in the event of your death
- If you die during the period of your cover, your policy pays out your chosen amount of cover. You choose the amount of cover you need and the length of time you want to be insured for
What are the different types of mortgage life insurance available?
- Mortgage Term Assurance: designed to help you pay off your interest only mortgage if you die during the term of the policy
- Mortgage Decreasing Term Assurance: designed to help protect a repayment mortgage as the term of cover reduces in line with the mortgage