2020: The Year of Self Build
2020 is set to be the year of self build and we’ve teamed up with Build It to find out why!
We’re only a month into 2020, but we’ve already seen a number of good news stories and amazing new initiatives that look set to make it easier than ever to design and build your dream bespoke home.
Build It’s Chris Bates highlights five reasons why now is the perfect time to get your self build, renovation or home extension project underway:
- House price growth is at a 14-month high, as confidence surges back into the market following the general election. History shows self building will naturally rise when this happens.
- 2020 marks the first year local councils have had to show how they’re meeting demand for self build plots under the Right to Build legislation – and the lessons learned will see even more viable building plots coming on to the market.
- Mortgage approvals are at their highest level in nearly five years, accompanied by competitively low mortgage rates – so now’s a great time to secure the finance you need and get your project started.
- BuildStore has launched a new self build mortgage that guarantees stage payments based on your actual project spending, giving you cost and cashflow certainty.
- Government support for self build has never been stronger, with the recent Conservative manifesto pledging to make building your own home a normal, mainstream choice. This includes a possible Help to Buy equity loan scheme for self builders.
So what are you waiting for?
Don't miss out - join the Build It team at one of the advice and inspiration-packed Build It Live events this February to find out more and make 2020 your year to self build or undertake a transformational home extension!
Register for two free tickets worth £24* by using the code BUILDSTORE20