Heating Your Home Course
- EventHeating Your Home Course
- LocationNSBRC, Swindon
- Dates 18th September 2020
The NSBRC’s Heating Your Home course is a one day session packed full of usual tips and advice on the latest options in heat and energy sources. Specially designed for self builders and renovators, this course covers both renewable and conventional systems to provide attendees with a level of knowledge and confidence to engage with trades and make informed decisions during their project.
- The pros and cons of various solutions and designs
- What standards are you expected to meet (Building Regulations)
- What is possible (Passiv Haus)
- Gas or no gas?
- Comparative fuel costs and Government incentives
- What is safe for you to do and what’s best left to the experts
- Heat loss and air tightness
- Cold spaces < heat loss
- Solar gain modelling
- Boilers and radiators
- Ground and air source heat pumps
- Underfloor heating
- Mechanical ventilation and heat recovery
- Combined heat and power
- Solar thermal
- Solar PV
The course was very informative, but you also made it an enjoyable and interesting day. I feel much better prepared to be making decisions regarding my house building project.
|18th September 2020||NSBRC, Swindon||£165 inc VAT per person|