BuildLoan Broker Desk CeMAP Consultant
Job Location : Livingston
BuildStore is the place for self-build, custom build, renovation and conversion products and services in the UK. From researching a project to finding land, bespoke self-build finance, project insurance, guidance, and inspiration, we have it all.
An exciting role has arisen at our company! We are looking for an exceptionally talented, bright, and driven individual to join our team. Join us our Broker Support Team in our BuildLoan subsidiary as a Broker CeMAP Consultant, dealing exclusively with mortgage intermediaries looking to find a mortgage for their client’s self-build project.
To deal with mortgage intermediaries, promoting the benefits of using BuildLoan to place cases for their clients. As a CeMAP consultant, you will help them to determine the most suitable lender and product for their clients, allowing them to provide best advice, and ensuring new business targets for the team are achieved. You will also explain the importance of cash flow for self-build projects and the benefits of the Additional Security Fee, Structural Warranty and Site Insurance products.
BROKER SUPPORT TEAM
The Broker Support team acts as the first point of contact for mortgage intermediaries who have self build, renovation and home improvement enquiries. These are likely to be for their existing clients rather than general questions. The team answer inbound calls and make outbound calls chasing previous enquiries and promoting the BuildLoan products. The team’s purpose is to proactively sell the concept and benefits of using BuildLoan and advise on the unique requirements for self-build mortgages and the processes involved. The intermediary will be responsible for the mortgage advice given and it is the team’s role to give him or her the information required to enable them to give that advice.
In addition to dealing with enquiries by phone or online, the team contacts intermediaries registering with BuildLoan online and promoting our services, so that BuildLoan becomes their self-build mortgage of choice.
On a day-to-day basis, the CeMAP consultant will:
- Deal with interactions with intermediaries on the most suitable mortgage lenders and products for the intermediaries’ clients.
- Log all forms of contact.
- On receipt of decision in principle, contact broker to educate them on the requirements during initial stages.
- Follow up new business enquiries received in any form - email, telephone, fax, referral, campaigns, publications.
- Maintain own enquiry database and maximise applications by pro-actively calling strongest prospects.
- Keep own knowledge up to date to make full use of any business proposition, network contacts/referral information for proc fees, details of current lender product specifications and generally ensure own knowledge exceeds level of enquiries being received.
- Gather market intelligence, share knowledge of other channels for self-build, that brokers may use.
- Pass on details of any non-standard enquiries to Team Manager to provide opportunities for wider market-led discussions.
- Provide a Daily update and breakdown of enquiries to Team Manager.
- Provide accurate records of KPI activities and review regularly their own performance against set objectives.
The Consultant must be prepared to approach their role in a proactive manner, demonstrating a positive attitude which should be reflected by the rest of the team.
With a background in Financial Services and CeMap qualified, the individual should have a genuine interest in self build and a willingness to educate the broker, pitching this at the correct level and recognising the need to build long term relationships, also enjoys working to targets and ‘getting the business in’.
We expect staff to be as committed to the company and its clients as we are to providing training and development for your future with us.
Will report to the Broker Support Team Manager
The candidates’ remuneration package will be dependent upon skills and experience. The package will include base salary, Bonus and access to a stakeholder pension scheme, 22 days paid holiday (in addition to 8 statutory days).