- Job title
- Mortgage Underwriting Manager - BuildLoan Ltd
Mortgage Underwriting Manager for market-leading specialist self build mortgage packager to manage and develop a team of mortgage underwriters to achieve high standards of mortgage underwriting and packaging on behalf of a wide panel of lenders. We are currently undergoing an exciting period of change and are looking for a widely experienced mortgage specialist with a passion for enabling their team to deliver fantastic service to our clients.
- Proactively manage team workloads and resourcing to achieve required service levels for initial application assessment, acknowledgement, assessment of documents received, proactive chasing of outstanding items and submission to lender.
- Provide “on the job” technical support to the underwriting team
- Achieve continuous improvement of quality and adherence to lender requirements through:
- Regular QA checks on underwriter activity in accordance with the scheme requirements
- Delivery of quality coaching and feedback to team members through documented 1-1 meetings
- Agreeing and reviewing SMART development plans
- Measure service levels and design and produce meaningful management information to inform the business of Underwriting team performance
- Communicate product, lender criteria and process changes and provide training to team
- Min 3 years mortgage underwriting experience
- Excellent communication skills with experience of dealing directly with brokers and applicants
- Min 2 years people management experience
- CeMAP qualification preferred
- high level of competence in Excel, Word
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £35,000.00 - £40,000.00 per year
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Monday to Friday
- management: 2 years (Preferred)
- mortgage underwriting: 3 years (Preferred)
If you would like to be considered please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a covering letter.