BuildCare Structural Warranty
As you would expect, BuildCare Structural Warranty is highly competitive and great value for money. What's more because our policy involves a series of key inspections, the surveyors' certificates from these technical audits can be used to confirm the stage that your project has reached, allowing you to request the release of your next stage of funds.
Shoud you decide to sell your property in the future, you'll find that our policy will give potential purchasers the peace of mind that the building was completed professionally and is covered by an insurance backed structural warranty for 10 years from completion. Many banks and building societies are unwilling to provide funds on new, or newly converted properties less than 10 years old, unless covered by a structural warranty.
Summary of cover
- The cost of complete or partial rebuilding or rectifying work to the housing unit which has been affected by major damage attributable to a defect in the design, workmanship or materials, provided always that the liability of the insurers does not exceed the reasonable cost of rebuilding each housing unit to its original specification.
- The cost of making good any defect in the design, workmanship or materials in the drainage system which was newly constructed by the builder in connection with the housing unit and for which the policyholder is responsible.
- The necessary and reasonable costs incurred in repairing, replacing or rectifying any part of the waterproof envelope within the housing unit as a result of ingress of water caused by a defect in the design, workmanship, materials or components or the waterproofing elements of the housing unit.
- The cost of repairing of making good any defects in the chimneys and flues of the housing unit causing an imminent danger to the health and safety of occupants.
- Additional local authority and building regulation costs
- Alternative accommodation costs
- Debris removal costs
- Additional professional fees